Notice to 29er Sailors – Mainsail Numbers
Duncan Loiaz, Santiago
Barrio Garcia, Andres
Vega Betancort, Nestor
A list of the top 25 finishers from the 2017 29er Worlds are at above:
The sail number shall be either:
1. If either of the crew has finished in the top 25 in the preceding 29er world championship their sail number may be that place, 1st to 9th single digit, otherwise two digits.
2. Otherwise, the sail number shall be that shown on the World Sailing hull plaque of any hull still owned by them, on any boat owned by them or on any boat loaned or chartered for an event.
3. Should there be multiplicity in numbers due to C.10.3(a) (v) (1), a race committee may make an arrangement suitable for the duration of the event involved.
For those sailors who are chartering boats and bringing their own sails, they may use their own sails and hull number from home.
Please also note:
1. The national letters and the sail numbers shall be black and shall comply with the RRS G.1.2 except where specified in C.10.d (ii).
1. National letters shall be placed in front of or above the sail numbers for which both shall comply with the specifications in the RRS Appendix G1.2 for boats under 3.5 meters
2. The national letters and the sail numbers shall be wholly between the 2nd and 4th batten pockets from the head point.
3. The base of the national letters and the sail numbers shall be approximately parallel to the batten pockets.
4. The country code shall represent the skipper’s country.
Please ensure that you amend your registration form before arriving at the regatta and have your sails prepared before entering the measurement queue