Welcome to the 2017 SF State Community Youth Summer Sailing and Paddling Program Registration
This on-line process allows you to find a scheduled and available youth sailing or paddling camp date and make a reservation. All camps run Monday- Friday. If you are not familiar with our program visit http://recdept.sfsu.edu/sailing. Advanced payment is required to confirm a reservation. We can not guarantee a reservation without payment in full. You must complete a registration for each child. If there is space available on your requested date, your reservation payment will be processed and confirmation will be emailed to you. If space on your first choice is full, you will not be allowed to make a payment or confirm a reservation for that full date. There is no waitlist. About 1 day after making a reservation (to allow for processing of your credit card payment) you will be emailed a verification/receipt with the camp date and amount paid. Before you leave the registration page you should click on the links for the required medical, waiver and camp information/rules forms. Complete these forms and bring them to the first day of camp. The camp information describes the meeting place, it has a checklist of what your child should wear and bring the first day, as well as camp rules. Refunds are not available within two weeks of the camp start date. Fees include instruction, boats and life jacket. No snacks or lunch are provided, so participants must bring their own food . See schedule below for available camp dates.
Half Day Sailing Camp $210
* Afternoon 1:00-4:00 Ages 8-15
Full Day Sailing and Science Camp $385
* Full Day 9:00am-4:00pm Ages 8-12
Half Day Paddling and Lake Environment Camp $199
* Morning 9:00-12:00 Ages 8-15
Full Day Camp By Combining 1/2 Day Sailing and 1/2 Day Paddling Camps $390
* Full Day 9:00-4:00, Ages 8-15. To register for this full day combo camp select and register for an open half day sailing camp and an open half day paddling camp. This is needed to prevent over-booking of any half day program
Gator Sports Camp Connection: Is your child also registered for the SFSU Gator Sports Camp (it has baseball and basketball, other activities)? We do not operate or make reservations for the Gator Sports Camp, but children can register for our morning camps and they can be walked by one of our instructors over to the nearby Gator sports camp that takes place in the afternoon (if previously registered through Gator Sport Camp). If registered for Gator Sport Camp, please indicate this in the provided space below.
1. Full payment is required to make an individual reservation. For groups of 8 or more, a $100 deposit is required. Balance is due two weeks prior for groups of 8 or more.
2. All students should know how to swim 25 yards. We accommodate youth with disabilities. Affordable swim instruction can be arranged by your local YMCA or through a neighborhood SF Recreation and Parks Department pool.
3. All cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to scheduled session, after the date is confirmed by our office, or payments will be forfeited.
4. Minimum of 8 registrants required to operate any camp and a maximum of 14 students per sailing class (24 per kayaking class). If there are not at least eight registered campers 5-7 days before the camp start date, we will contact you and discuss finding additional campers and alternative open camp dates and times. We will offer to switch you to an open date, or provide a full refund of any payment.
5. Please print, sign and bring the Medical and Liability forms with you on the first day of class. All forms MUST be received before students are able to participate in camps!
6. Registration is NOT complete until payment has been processed.
We cannot take reservations over the phone. Please feel free to e-mail us with any questions or comments: