We, the parent/guardian(s) of the above-named child, hereby give our permission for our child's participation in the 2017 Niagara Sailing Club Junior Sailing Program ("Program")We agree to direct our child to cooperate and conform with the directions and instructions of the director, instructors and volunteers responsible for the Junior Sailing Program ("Program") activity. We represent that our child is in good physical condition and that he/she has no medical condition, disability, impairment or ailment, which would prevent him/her from participating in the Program. We acknowledge that NSC is relying on our representations contained within this agreement. We hereby give permission to the NSC and 911 to render medical treatment deemed necessary and appropriate and/or agree to transport to nearest medical facility. We acknowledge appropriate medical insurance coverage for our minor participant.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
We recognize and acknowledge that the purpose of the Program is to instruct my child on water safety and the proper methods to be utilized during sailing activities and that by my child's participation in these lessons, abiding by the rules and using common sense, the inherent dangers involved in sailing can be greatly reduced by my child's cooperative participation. We are aware that the program involves certain inherent risks, dangers and hazards that can result in serious personal injury or death. We are also aware that the related sailing, boating and water activities contain dangers that can cause serious injury or death. We hereby freely agree to assume and accept all known and unknown risks of injury and death arising out of my child's participation in the Junior Sailing Program. We, on behalf of ourselves, our minor child, our personal representatives, heirs, administrators, and assigns, agree to indemnify to the fullest extent permitted by law and forever hold harmless, release, waive, remise, discharge and covenant not to sue, the Niagara Sailing Club, Inc., its respective directors, officers, members, agents, volunteers, program director and instructors, or other sponsors of the Program ("indemnified parties") from all liability, losses, claims, demands, actions and causes of action of any sort for injury, death or property damage and which may be sustained in connection with my child's participation or my volunteer participation in the Program whether or not caused by the actions or in-actions of the indemnified parties.
I understand that participating in the NSC Junior Sailing program involves a great need for self-discipline and independence in the area of responsibility, group interactions, use of time, and task commitment. I understand that I am not to touch or take any items that do not belong to me. I understand that sailing is a working sport and NSC is a working club, therefore, I will be assigned daily chores and it expected that I complete those chores, including keeping the club neat and clean at all times. In addition I will return all sailing equipment to it's storage location in a proper way. Full camp payment is due the first day of camp and is final. There are no refunds for any camper who is asked to leave due to violation of the camp behavior contract, therefore, I hereby agree to abide by the following:
1) I will at no time go behind the bar of the Niagara Sailing Club or take any club food or drink items without paying for them.
2) NSC members may put purchases on a club credit chit. Such chits are the responsibility of the NSC member/family.
3) Non -NSC member sailing campers are required to pay cash for any food or drink purchased.
4) I will respect others at all times in every way, this includes campers, instructors, youth instructors and members and guests of the Niagara Sailing Club.
5) I will do my best at all assigned tasks and follow the direction of the Sailing Camp director and instructors at all times.
6) I will use the utmost care in the use of boats, sails and other equipment.
7) I will limit my use to my cell phone to lunch time and break times.
8) I will not take unauthorized pictures or videos of other participants or share pictures on social media without permission.
9) I understand that sailing is inherently dangerous and that the grounds and dock areas can have hazards that I need to pay attention to and be aware of.
10) I understand that there is no sailing or other water/boating activities without an appropriately sized, coast guard approved, fastened correctly lifejacket.
11) I understand that if I am under 18, I must also have a lifejacket on while on the dock(s) at all time.
12) I understand that I am responsible for my personal items at all times and that leaving items of value at home is recommended.
Due to the exciting and demanding challenges of sailing, it is essential that I agree to and abide to the above contract. I understand that any failure to behave in a manner that is consistent with this contract, or is considered inappropriate, irresponsible or reckless will result in immediate dismissal without refund from the NSC Jr. Sailing program and that I will be asked to contact a responsible adult and leave camp at that time without refund.