THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A RELEASE AND WAIVER-READ FIRST
RELEASE, WAIVER AND RETENTION OF RIGHTS AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION OF acceptance of my entry and of the substantial, volunteer efforts of the employees, representatives’ of/by/for the Lake Monroe Sailing Association's "Sanford Fall Regatta ". (Host hereafter), THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY:
1. WAIVER AND RELEASE - In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I hereby agree that the safety of my boat and her crew, including the decision whether or not to wear life jackets, and the decision whether or not to start or continue to race, is my responsibility and not that of any person sponsoring or undertaking such race. I hereby forever and irrevocably waive, release and discharge any and all claims, liability, loss, or damages, including but not limited to claims for property damage, personal injury or death, which I may have or in the future acquire against the Lake Monroe Sailing Association (known as LMSA), its officers, governors, members, employees, volunteers or agents, arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in any race or other activity sponsored or undertaken by any of them, even though such liability may arise out of their negligence or carelessness. I understand that serious accidents occasionally occur during sailboat racing, and that participants in sailboat racing occasionally sustain mortal or serious personal injuries and/or property damage as a consequence, and I knowingly assume all of the risks of sailboat racing and responsibility of my crew. I agree that this waiver is binding on my heirs, representatives, successors and assigns.
2. ACKNOWLEDGES my responsibilities in participating in this event, for my decisions to start or continue to race in the event and to make certain that my boat, equipment and crew are seaworthy for the conditions which may be encountered during my participation.
3. RETAINS any and all rights against other competitors for any wrongful acts by them; and retains any and all rights against the Host, its directors, members, employees, representatives and associated volunteers for the event which are not in any way related in any way to my participation, the preparations for, the racing, return, protests and removal of my boat from the site of the event.
4. SPECIFICALLY WAIVES any statute, by incorporating its reference and citation herein, which may require such inclusion and reference in order to effect these provisions. If any provision of the agreement is not enforceable, such determination shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this agreement. This agreement shall be construed and enforced under the laws of the state of Florida.
5. AGREES TO BE BOUND by the racing rules in affect for this event and all other rules that govern this event.