1. RATING: I certify that the PHRF rating entered hereon is valid and that I will sail in accordance with this rating.
2. RULES & REGULATIONS: I agree to be governed by the rules as defined in the current R.R.S. and regulations of the US Coast Guard.
3. YACHT’S CONDITION: I represent that my yacht is in good condition, seaworthy, and that it fully complies with all the equipment rules and regulations of the US Coast GuardGuard and US Sailing near shore racing equipment list. http://www.ussailing.org/wp-content/uploads/DARoot/Offshore/SAS/US_SER_2017.0.pdf
4. CONDITION OF RACING: I acknowledge that I am entering the race at my own risk and that it is my sole and exclusive responsibility to decide whether to start or continue to race.
5. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: There are risks inherent in the sport of yacht racing, and I fully assume all risks, including personal injury or death to myself and my crew, loss or damage to my yacht and its equipment, as well as any unforeseen risks.
6. WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: To the fullest extent permitted by law, I waive all claims, forever release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Seal Beach Yacht Club (SlBYC), its owners, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, agents, committee persons, and race officials, acting in their official capacities, both jointly and severally from any and all damages, injury, liability, loss, cost or expense, including attorney fees, to any persons and/or property arising from my or my crew’s actions and/or participation in the race, including SlBYC’s active or passive regular negligence, but not willful misconduct or gross negligence.
7. ASSISTANCE: Any assistance provided by SlBYC race committee vessels and personnel will be at the risk of the participants.
8. PHOTO RELEASE: I hereby grant to SlBYC and its representatives the right to take photographs and/or videos of me and/or my boat in connection with this regatta. I authorize SlBYC to copyright, use and publish these images in print and/or electronically.