1. My crew and I recognize that sailing is an activity that has an inherent risk of damage and injury associated with it. We have read RRS 4, Decision to Race and hereby acknowledge and agree that we are participating in this event entirely at our own risk.
2. I acknowledge and agree that neither the organizing authority nor the race committee, nor their members, will be responsible for (a) any damage to the entered boat or my other property, or (b) any injury to myself or my crew, including death, sustained as a result of the participation of myself, my crew and the boat in this event.
3. I hereby waive any rights I may have to sue the race organizers (organizing authority, race committee, protest committee, host club, sponsors, or any other organization or official) with respect to personal injury or property damage suffered by myself or my crew as a result of our participation in this event and hereby release the race organizers from any liability for such injury or damage to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. I have taken all necessary steps to ensure that myself, my crew and the entered boat are adequately prepared for all possible contingencies, including appropriate safety equipment as may be required by law or that a prudent seaman would consider advisable.
5. I understand this document has important legal consequences and have consulted such legal and other advisors as I deem appropriate before signing.