RRS 4 sttes "The responsibility for a boat's decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone".
Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking pare in the event, each competitor agrees & acknowledges that:
- They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in teh sport & accept responsability for the exposure of themselves, their crew & their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event;
- They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whethere shore or afloat;
- They accept responsability for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions;
- Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate;
- The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials & volunteers by the event organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities;
- It is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any risks specific to this venue or this event drawn to their attention in any rules & information produced for the venue or event and to attend any safety/skipper briefing held for the event.
I agree to be bound by the Racing Rules of Sailing and all other rules that govern this event. In particular, I confirm that I have read the Notice of Race and accept its provisions and agree that my boat/crew will conform to the requirements set out in the Notice of Race throught the event.