WESTHAMPTON YACHT SQUADRON, LTD.
PARTICIPANT WAIVER OF CLAIMS
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control, and other agencies, governments, and individuals. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend the use of masks and social distancing when participation in activities such as those offered by the Westhampton Yacht Squadron (the “Club”). In addition, the Club has put in place certain operational guidelines to help reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19 amongst participants in Club activities. However, the Club cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become exposed to COVID-19 during participation in any Club activities and is requiring the signing of this waiver and as condition of participation in Club activities.
By signing this agreement, I
1. Acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily agree to assume the risk that my family including my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in any sailing, lessons, or other activities related to sailing including classroom, meetings, chalk talk, or other social activities related to such activities, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
2. On my behalf, and on behalf of my family including my child(ren), hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives from any claim I may have resulting from me or my families participation in a Club sponsored or organized event , including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, negligence, gross negligence, willfulness, and intentional acts of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Club program.
3. Hereby certify that my family including my child(ren) and I are covered by health insurance.
4. Hereby agree that no member of my family including my child(ren) and I will show up for any sailing related event at Westhampton Yacht Squadron if we are sick, have a fever, have been in direct contact with someone who is COVID-19 and have not quarantined for the appropriate time, or believe for any reason that my family, child(ren) or I may pose any health risk to the Westhampton Yacht Squadron, its employees, representatives, members, or other individuals that may be on the property. Each day I agree to sign my child(ren) in for lessons stating and re-affirming that this item is true and continues to be true regarding our health.
5. Understand that sailing a double handed, triple handed, or other situation where multiple people are on one boat increases the risk of COVID-19 exposure and possible infection and I agree to assume such risk for myself and/or any family member.
6. Along with my family or any member of my household agree to properly clean all WYS equipment and/or boats after each use.
7. I herby agree that I will not enter Westhampton property if I traveled to a location that the Governor of NY has deemed necessary to quarantine, and I have not fulfilled the quarantine time in accordance with current state guidelines.
8. I hereby agree to abide by the rules, regulations, bylaws, house rules, and policies of the Westhampton Yacht Squadron, including any and all COVID-19 related safety guidelines and measures required by the Club.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY, UNDERSTAND ALL OF ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND KNOW IT CONTAINS AN ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE, AND WAIVER FROM LIABILITY.
By signing below, I (as the participant or as the Parent/Legal Guardian of the minor identified below) hereby accept and agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement in connection with my (or the minor’s) participation in any activities at the Westhampton Yacht Squadron.