THIS DOCUMENT HAS IMPORTANT LEGAL CONSEQUENCES. YOU SHOULD CONSIDER APPROPRIATE LEGAL OR OTHER ADVICE BEFORE SIGNING IT.
1. I agree to be bound by The Racing Rules of Sailing and by all other rules that govern this event.
2. My crew and I recognize that sailing is an activity that has an inherent risk of damage and injury associated with it. We have read RRS Rule 4, Decision to Race and hereby acknowledge and agree that we are participating in this event entirely at our own risk.
3. My crew and I agree to abide by any and all pandemic related social distancing guidelines that the state of Rhode Island or other appropriate Governmental authority may have in effect on the day of the race.
4. I acknowledge and agree that neither Conanicut Yacht Club’s officers, members or employee’s nor the ATI race committee, will be responsible for (a) any damage to the entered boat or my other property, or (b) any injury, sickness or disease (including communicable diseases such as COVID-19), to myself or my crew, including death, sustained as a result of the participation of myself, my crew and the boat in this event.
5. I hereby waive any rights I may have to sue the race organizers (organizing authority, race committee, protest committee, host club, sponsors, or any other organization or official) with respect to personal injury or property damage suffered by myself or my crew as a result of our participation in this event and hereby release the race organizers from any liability for such injury or damage to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. I have taken all necessary steps to ensure that myself, my crew and the entered boat are adequately prepared for all possible contingencies, including appropriate safety equipment as may be required by law or that a prudent seaman would consider advisable.
7. I understand this document has important legal consequences and have consulted such legal and other advisors as I deem appropriate before electronically signing.