1. I recognize that sailing is an activity that has an inherent risk of damage and injury associated with it. I have read the current Rules of Racing and hereby acknowledge and agree that we are participating in the event entirely at our own risk. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. I acknowledge and agree that neither the organizing authority. Red Gear Racing, all sponsors, race committee, protest committee, designated volunteers, nor any other organization or official involved with this event will be responsible for:
(a) any damage to the entered boat or my other property, or
(b) any illness or injury to myself or my crew, including death, sustained as a result of the participation of myself, my crew and the boat in this event.
3. I hereby waive any rights I may have to sue the race organizers (the organizing authority, Red Gear Racing, all sponsors, race committee, protest committee, designated volunteers, or any other organization or official involved with this event) with respect or personal injury or property damage suffered by myself or my crew, as a result of our participation in this event and hereby release the race organizers from any liability for such injury or damage to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. I have taken all necessary steps to ensure that myself, my crew and the entered boat are adequately prepared for all possible contingencies, including appropriate safety equipment by law, sailing instructions or that a prudent seaman would consider advisable
5. I understand this document has important legal consequences and have consulted such legal and other advisors, as I deem appropriate before signing.
6. All participants and their guest will adhere to local, state and federal requirements regarding Covid-19 . Failure to comply will be considered misconduct.
7. Any prize money awarded is at the discretion of the Organizing Authority and is based on actual attendance. The recipient of any prize money/award is responsible for any reporting to the IRS of their winnings and any taxes due on such prize money/award. The Organizing Authority will not be liable for cash prizes/award after the fact or in the event of an appeal.
8. Each participating boat is insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000 US, per event or the equivalent.
By completing this application, it is considered to be your (skipper and crew) electronic signature, and that you have read and agreed to this waiver.
Registrants must fill out under age forms where applicable and agree to all liability wavers.