LEARN TO SAIL IN ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS! - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced level Sailing Classes (Youth Aged 8-17)
Our Novice group caters to individuals with little or no sailing experience. Students sail in Optimist sailboats.
For Intermediate sailors who have completed basic skills, the sessions are focused on skills improvement and racing skills.
Our Advanced sailors focus on racing tactics, more challenging and longer distance sails and will use Optis, Lasers and 420s depending on age, size and ability.
SUMMER 2019 CLASS SCHEDULE - Enrollment Deadline for core classes - June 15th
- Weekdays, June 24 – July 3
- Session 1 (Novice/Intermediate): 9am to Noon $320* CLOSED
- Session 2 (Novice/Intermediate/Advanced): 1pm to 4pm - $320*
* Pro-rated due to adjusted holiday schedule
- Weekdays, July 8-19
- Session 3 (Novice/Intermediate): 9am to Noon $400
- Session 4 (Novice/Intermediate/Advanced): 1pm to 4pm - $400
- Weekdays, July 22- Aug 2
- Session 5 (Novice/Intermediate): 9am to Noon - $400
- Session 6 (Intermediate/Advanced):1pm to 4pm - $400
- Junior Sweepstakes Regatta (Open to current AHSEP students): Four days of racing on the Shrewsbury and Navasink Rivers. Boats (Opti’s and 420’s) are provided, but parents are needed to help with boat transport. Lunch is also provided each day. Monday through Thursday, August 5-8, all day $200 (payment for instructor fees. Sailors will need to also register and pay separately the registration fee for the regatta at the link that will be set up).
- Sailing Adventure Week (Current Intermediate and Advanced Sailors): This is a one week session concluding the summer. Instead of racing, the focus will be on enjoying sailing in other ways. Weather permitting; we plan to have activities such as sailing to a beach for a picnic, a pirate treasure hunt, and sailing games. On the final day of the class, students have the opportunity to crew on a large sailboat. Bring a bag lunch and snack. Monday through Friday, August 12-16 9am to 2pm $350
- Open Sailing Night (Open to current AHSEP students): Sessions will be announced during the season and will take place in the evenings from 5:30 – 8:30. Students can take advantage of the evening sessions to fine-tune their skills, and parents can come and watch if they wish. Existing students who have completed the novice session eligible to participate. $40 per night.
Consider registering a sailor for mutliple sessions at once. Discounts will be applied automatically based on total spend (per sailor, per registration) as follows:
Spend $700-$1499 and receive a 5% discount
Spend $1500-$1999 and receive a 10% discount
Spend $2000 or more and receive a15% discount
Courses are conducted by the Atlantic Highlands Sailing Education Program. We have certified US Sailing Instructors and use course materials supplied by US Sailing. Students learn to be skipper and crew, get classroom training and valuable on-the-water experience. We teach sailing safety, basic and advanced sailing skills, person overboard recovery, knots, and lots more.
If you have questions regarding these programs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Space is limited, don’t delay, enroll today!!
Registration is now open and available online via Regatta Network. Click the link below to begin your registration:
Register Online Edit a Registration