LEARN TO SAIL IN ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS! - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced level Sailing Classes (Youth Aged 8-17). PLEASE READ THE BELOW DESCRIPTIONS OR VISIT THE AHSEP WEBSITE HOMEPAGE AT www.ahsep.org TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT LEVEL UNDER WHICH TO REGISTER YOUR SAILOR.
Our Novice group caters to individuals with little or no sailing experience. Students sail in Optimist sailboats. Students who have not sailed before or have only limited experience of participating in one prior AHSEP course should register as Novice.
For Intermediate sailors who have completed basic skills, the sessions are focused on skills improvement and racing skills. Students who have completed multiple AHSEP courses and are comfortable sailing solo and competing in sailboat racing should register as Intermediate.
Our Advanced sailors focus on racing tactics, more challenging and longer distance sails and will use Optis, Lasers and 420s depending on age, size and ability. Students who are comfortable sailing and competing solo and are confident sailing in heavier wind conditions should register as Advanced.
Classes are offered in two-week segments for either morning (9am-noon) or afternoon (1pm-4pm) sessions. Within each session, sailors are instructed in groups based on skill level.
SUMMER 2021 CLASS SCHEDULE & FEES
- Weekdays, June 21-July 2
- Session A Morning 9am to Noon: (Novice/Intermediate) $410 -AT FULL CAPACITY/ WAITLIST ONLY
- Session B Afternoon 1pm to 4pm: (Intermediate/Advanced) $410
- Weekdays, July 5 - July 16
- Session C Morning 9am to Noon: (Novice/Intermediate) $410 -AT FULL CAPACITY/ WAITLIST ONLY
- Session D Afternoon 1pm to 4pm: (Intermediate/Advanced) $410
- Weekdays, July 19 - July 30
- Session E Morning 9am to Noon: (Novice/Intermediate) $410 - AT FULL CAPACITY/ WAITLIST ONLY
- Session F Afternoon 1pm to 4pm: (Intermediate/Advanced $410
Multiple Session Sail Discounts - Per Student**
- Consider registering a sailor for mutliple sessions at once. Discounts will be applied automatically at check out (payment) based on the following:
- One sailor registered for two sessions receives a $40 discount
- One sailor registered for three sessions receives a $80 discount
- One sailor registered for four or more sessions receives a $120 discount
**Must make make payment for an individual sailor's multiple registrations at same time for discount to apply. Discounted will be calculated automatically and applied upon online payment.
Courses are conducted by the Atlantic Highlands Sailing Education Program. We have certified US Sailing Instructors and use course materials supplied by US Sailing. Students learn to be skipper and crew, get classroom training and valuable on-the-water experience. We teach sailing safety, basic and advanced sailing skills, person overboard recovery, knots, and lots more.
If you have questions regarding these programs, email us at email@example.com Space is limited, don’t delay, enroll today!!
Registration is now open and available online via Regatta Network. Click the link below to begin your registration:
Register Online Edit a Registration View Online Storefront