Apr 16, 2020 14:48 EST
Because of the continuing uncertainty that conditions will improve enough by August to ensure a safe and successful event, the organizing team is announcing today our decision to cancel the 2020 RS Aero World Championship. While we are deeply disappointed to abandon this project that so many of us have invested so much in, we recognize our obligation to provide you, the participants, volunteers, and sponsors, with certainty so that you can adjust your plans while there is still time.
Concurrent with the decision to cancel the Worlds, the organizing team has stipulated that
- All paid entry fees will be refunded by CGRA (details in a separate email to follow)
- All paid charter fees will be refunded by RS Sailing (details in a separate email to follow)
- In place of the 2020 RS Aero Worlds, and assuming health and travel restrictions have been lifted, CGRA will host the RS Aero North American Championship regatta, July 31-Aug. 2. Registration and NOR will be posted shortly, and a limited number of charter boats will be available for visiting sailors.
- The Columbia Gorge One-Design Regatta (CGOD) scheduled for the previous weekend, July 25-26, remains unaffected, and RS Aeros are invited to sail in this event as well.
- The coaching clinic planned for July 27-29 is cancelled, although if the regattas go forward as scheduled, it is likely that a scaled down clinic will emerge. Stay tuned.
We will continue to monitor the crisis closely and hold out hope that we can be back on the water by mid-summer. If so, we hope you will consider joining us for one or both of these “consolation prize” events!
On behalf of the Columbia Gorge Racing Association, the RS Aero Class Association, and RS Sailing, I want to express our sincere appreciation for your patience and support, and our fervent hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the Gorge soon. In the meantime, take care, stay safe, and trust in brighter sailing days to come.
Bill Symes Regatta Chairman, RS Aero Worlds 2020 ...
Mar 26, 2020 16:11 EST
In response to the global coronavirus outbreak, the CGRA, the RS Aero Class and RS Sailing have been evaluating the plans for the 4th RS Aero World Championship, July 31-August 7, 2020. We recognize the severity of the current crisis. While there are challenges and uncertainty, at this time we are proceeding under the assumption that our World Championships may go ahead successfully, and we have made the decision to extend the early-bird entry fee discount to April 30th, with an update to the NOR confirming the details.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and we expect to be able to make a more definitive statement in the next couple of weeks. You may anticipate a further announcement on or before Friday April 17. At that time, if the decision is made to cancel the event, CGRA will fully refund all entry fees to those who have entered, and RS Sailing will refund charter fees. In the meantime, competitors are advised not to incur any non-refundable expenses (travel, accommodation, etc.).
This is a very difficult time and the priority right now is to do what is necessary to ensure the health and safety of our families and friends. We appreciate everyone’s patience and continued support. ...
Dec 24, 2019 17:30 EST
Hotel partner Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn has reserved a block of rooms for sailors coming to Cascade Locks for the 2020 RS Aero Worlds. To book, choose your room from the selection below, then contact the hotel directly by phone at (+1) 541-374-8777 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Be sure to mention that you are booking for the 2020 RS Aero Worlds. Note: these rooms are only available through direct booking with the hotel; they cannot be reserved through Best Western's online booking service.
- 1 riverview guestroom with one king bed and two queen beds/$199.99+tax
- 3 riverview guestrooms with two queen beds and living room/$189.99+tax
- 8 riverview guestrooms with two queen beds and balcony/$189.99+tax
- 16 riverview guestrooms with two queen beds/$179.99+tax
- 10 hillside guestrooms with one king bed/$169.99+tax
Dec 07, 2019 20:54 EST
Please note that all entrants must be current members of the RS Aero Class Association. Non-members can register online at RSAeroSailing.org. ...
Dec 07, 2019 20:51 EST
Charter RS Aeros for this event are available for booking now courtesy of RS Sailing and West Coast Sailing. Charters will be allocated on a first come, first served basis with discounts for early booking, so book now at RSSailingStore.com. ...
Nov 09, 2019 14:53
Event site launched on Regatta Network ...