LEARN TO SAIL IN ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS! - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced level Sailing Classes (Youth Aged 8-17)
Our Novice group caters to individuals with little or no sailing experience. Students sail in Optimist sailboats.
For Intermediate sailors who have completed basic skills, the sessions are focused on skills improvement and racing skills.
Our Advanced sailors focus on racing tactics, more challenging and longer distance sails and will use Optis, Lasers and 420s depending on age, size and ability.
Classes are offered in two-week segments for either morning (9am-noon) or afternoon (1pm-4pm) sessions. Within each session, sailors are instructed in groups based on skill level.
SUMMER 2020 CLASS SCHEDULE & FEES
- Weekdays, July 6-17
- Session A (Novice/Intermediate): 9am to Noon $410 - AT FULL CAPACITY
- Session B (Novice/Intermediate/Advanced): 1pm to 4pm - $410 - AT FULL CAPACITY
- Weekdays, July 20- July 31
- Session C (Novice/Intermediate): 9am to Noon - $410 - AT FULL CAPACITY
- Session D (Intermediate/Advanced):1pm to 4pm - $410
- Weekdays, August 3 - August 14
- Session E (Novice/Intermediate): 9am to Noon - $410
- Session F (Intermediate/Advanced):1pm to 4pm - $410
IN LIGHT OF THE DELAYED START TO AHSEP'S SCHEDULE DUE TO STATE/LOCAL GUIDELINES, AHSEP HAS ADDED TWO LATER SESSIONS (E & F) TO OUR OFFERINGS. MEANWHILE, WE ARE KEEPING OPEN THE POSSIBILITY OF ADDING A FINAL WEEK BEYOND THESE SESSIONS (AUG.17-21) TO RUN OUR TRADITIONAL "ADVENTURE WEEK" FOR OUR ADVANCED SAILORS. PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FOR ANY ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION OPTIONS.
Multiple Session Sail Discounts - Per Student**
- Consider registering a sailor for mutliple sessions at once. Discounts will be applied automatically at check out (payment) based on the following:
- One sailor registered for two sessions receives a $40 discount
- One sailor registered for three sessions receives a $80 discount
- One sailor registered for four or more sessions receives a $120 discount
**Must make make payment for an individual sailor's multiple registrations at same time for discount to apply. Discounted will be calculated automatically and applied upon online payment.
Courses are conducted by the Atlantic Highlands Sailing Education Program. We have certified US Sailing Instructors and use course materials supplied by US Sailing. Students learn to be skipper and crew, get classroom training and valuable on-the-water experience. We teach sailing safety, basic and advanced sailing skills, person overboard recovery, knots, and lots more.
If you have questions regarding these programs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Space is limited, don’t delay, enroll today!!
Registration is now open and available online via Regatta Network. Click the link below to begin your registration:
Register Online Edit a Registration View Online Storefront